Saturday, January 8, 2011

Spiritual Harmony- Accompanying Poem


I woke early this morning
Stepped out and greeted the Sun.
Her amber smile filled her face
Excited, she gave me a hug.

A short time passed in conversation
Before we rushed to our routines.
Father Time, with watch in hand
Scolded us to leave!

Daily chores and work required,
Deadlines maneuvered to at haste.
Through unexpected obstacles (expected)
The Imperfect Perfectionist’s day.

We both continued on
Steadily passing noon.
Her multitasking dazzling
While I accompanied her mood

(That responsibilities must be met
Like a simple summer bee.
Who rides the wind from rose to lily
But never stops to feel the breeze)

Rose to lily, rose to lily
Like the simple summer bee I went.
I never cared to check on Sun-
Ignorant to my self-centeredness.

She had already hurried her warmth elsewhere
Now amends are due anon.
So I greeted the moon, (he nodded back)
Looked down and continued on.

Avinash Satz
- Written for my girlfriend during my lack of Spiritual Harmony (BELOW)

No comments:

Post a Comment