Saturday, January 8, 2011

Spiritual Harmony

Sometimes I lose sight of what's most important in life.  Sobriety has taught me how to participate in society and manage my life.  The result of that is having responsibilities today.  I have a job I need to be accountable for, I have commitments to people, places and things I need to fulfill, and I have bills which need to get paid on time when they are due.  I have a tendency in working too much, not stopping and lacking a balance in my life.  The result of that has affected my personal relations and my job itself.  When I'm  not healthy, my attitude, awareness and actions aren't the best they can be.

I'm far from perfect, I make mistakes and have difficulty not beating myself up for them.  It's easy to lose sight of what is ultimately the most important venture of my life.  When I'm on my death bed, the only thing that is going to matter to me is that when I look back at my life, I know I was happy and loved.

For me that means I want a growing relationship with my girlfriend, family and my friends.  I want to laugh more than cry.  I want to make myself available to those I can be of service to and hurt as little people as possible.  I want my colleagues to find success and happiness in their lives and hope that all suffering alcoholics/addicts can find God's will for them.

When I'm not centered in my recovery and not living along spiritual lines, I begin to disconnect from this.  So if I'm not in tune spiritually, I'm not in tune mentally, emotionally or physically as well.  And we ALL know nothing's good when its not in tune.  Well, I hope this struck a chord in someone.  Have a great weekend!  Peace, Love and Harmony!

Avinash Satz

Miracle House- Sober Living in Los Angeles * Clarity House- Sober Living for Women * New Life House- Sober Living for Young Adults  in Los Angeles *  Reality House- Sober Living for Young Adults in Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment