Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Balance In Recovery- Submitted from Derek J.

So life is in session...meetings, girlfriend, dog, sponsees, commitments, H&I, 60 hr work week, cross-fit at 6am 5 days a week, maintaining a clean house (literally), and trying not to be stressed out…  It’s difficult. I’m always trying to do more, be more, strive for more...so much so that I find that I don't actually enjoy myself a lot of the time. It's hard to find balance and remain at peace when I have a full life--I have a list that is always unfinished...and that’s ok, as long as I'm ok with it-
What I have come to realize is that I need to live in the program and visit my life. When I put work, girlfriend, gym, money before my program, I then seem to have problems with work, girlfriend, and money--But when I make the program come first I change, and although the circumstances may not, my perception changes, and my ability to accept life as it comes changes...
I still always want more, and I believe it’s good to want more but when
I focus so much on what I need I can screw up the present moment....
When I focus on the footwork, and let the result be what it is I have Balance...  When I meditate and pray every day for a consecutive week I have balance-What I have found is that it's really about the cumulative result. That is where I can find peace--
and that's about it .

-Derek J. 12STEPSAHEAD.COM FOLLOWER FOR LIFE!


Miracle House- Sober Living in Los Angeles, Clarity House- Sober Living for Women,  New Life House- Sober Living for Young Adults in Los Angeles ,  Reality House- Sober Living for Young Adults in Los Angeles, Alcoholism, Addiction, Substance Abuse, 12-steps, Los Angeles sober living, treatment center, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment