Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fellowship- submitted by Jason S.

I am 27 years old with a little over 2 years sober. In those 2 years, the fellowship has had my back the whole time. It has never let me down. This is one of the greatest things about the program. From the time I got to the the program, I was broken. I had nothing left. I had burned all my bridges. Through my early sobriety and up until this day, I have seen some difficulties.
For example, when I had only a couple months sober, I got offered this really good job. The only thing was if I took this job I would have to leave the support group that I had made. My best thinking at the time told me to take the job. When my friends (the fellowship) heard about the decision I was about to make, they sat me down and talked to me. They helped me look at the pros and cons. They explained to me that I was too newly sober to try to make it on my own and that I probably wou Ildn't stay sober if I took that job. I took their advice and I stayed. This was a huge turning point for me. It was the fellowship that guided me in the right direction.
Just a few months ago, I moved out of my recovery house with one of my good sober friends. Two weeks after we moved in I caught him getting high. I was at a loss and had no idea what to do. I had never been put in a situation like this before. What I was taught to to was pick up the phone and ask for help. Because of the fellowship of AA I hade a lot of people I could call. So I did. What they did was help me get him out of the apartment and they even found me a new sober roomate. Saved again by the fellowshp.
Fellowship isn't all about having people having to help you out though. It is also about making bonds and having fun. I have made some really good friends in AA. People that I show up for and they show up for me. True friendship. This is something I never had when I was getting high. I didn't get sober to not have fun. I have had more fun with my sober friends then I have ever had and it could be as simple as going to dinner and a movie after a meeting. Or some golf or dirtbike riding on the weekend. What ever it may be you will find the people in this fellowship know how to have fun and to it right. Life is so much easier when people are on your side and you dont have to look over your shoulder.


-JASON S.


Miracle House- Sober Living in Los Angeles, Clarity House- Sober Living for Women,  New Life House- Sober Living for Young Adults in Los Angeles ,  Reality House- Sober Living for Young Adults in Los Angeles, Alcoholism, Addiction, Substance Abuse, 12-steps, Los Angeles sober living, treatment center, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment